Paper Meets Tailor.

FREELANCE FASHION CREATION PROCEEDS.
Purchase.
Shopping has to be one of the favorite activities for the ladies, sometimes goes out of hand but how nice is it when it's purposely for actualization of exciting designs sketched out of freelance artwork. The knowledge I've had on fashion over  time is from multiple sources and my work is only done out of passion. Perfection is far from it but either way great pieces have come out of them as a result.Please check out my previous posts and leave a comment on my creations just so we are on the same page. You can also check out my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp621MAB0eW/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1gi1y3nlmc7uv, for  more of these beautiful African printed outfits.
Biashara Street Mombasa has to be the favorite spot for fabric shopping.Vibrancy of colors and cultural activities will blow your mind if not your pocket.
My fabrics don't come from a specific store, so my eyes usually wander till I spot the perfect combination of prints that I adore . Sounds unreal but that's it.These are some of the outstanding fabric patterns that I've used in the past, quality pieces for comfortable outfits.


Creation Process
So for the next outfit I'm going to work it out so we get see it work together. Yes.In collaboration with quiet a number of professionals, I'd love to combine the beauty of patterns and colors of a new fabric to have my illustrations put to life. Exciting right?Remember this is a a period of work process and I'd love for us to stick around and watch it come through. Shall we? 
List of to haves:

  •  A 6 inches African printed cotton fabric. out of the beautiful prints I came across and was almost spoilt for choice I finally chose this beauty with a distinctive blue color,the details has perfectly shaped artistic patterns of red, brown and yellow minimum drawings. Here's where the unique nature of African prints come in, there's just about any theme color that could be used to blend the patterns to bring a masterpiece fabric.I just have to find a textile firm to work on mine, God speed.
  • Design illustrations. This is the awesome part. From the few patterns and work that I've gone through overtime, I've put mine on paper, and as I mentioned not perfect but worthwhile. I'll share a couple of them but the outfit that'll come out of the above fabric will not be among them!Note,if you share please ask or tag.



With these I present my work to one of the most talented tailors I know and let's see how it all works out on my next post.This is a whole exciting process and can't wait to share the end product. 



Comments

Popular Posts